GOT GAME Competition
DO YOU GOT GAME? ENTER THE COMPETITION!
Do you want to share your games with others and have a chance to win prizes? If so, submit your game to the Spring 2020 GOT GAME? competition.
With the competition, all participants will receive these benefits:
- Both individuals and teams can collaborate to create an amazing game
- Games may be showcased to our entire audience of 2.2 million students
- A public site to showcase your game development talents
- Have the chance to win prizes for you AND your school
Click here to view the GOT GAME? Hall of Fame.
SPRING 2020 GOT GAME WINNERS
Congratulations to all the developers in our TOP 3! Prize information will be sent out to the prize winners' teachers, so be on the lookout!
Compete this upcoming semester in our Fall 2020 GOT GAME Competition!
Contest is open to students (Grades 5-12) enrolled a GAME:IT series course.
All Games Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Games must be created using Construct 3 by Scirra.
- Games must include a link to a Google Doc with credits to any Creative Commons assets (graphics, audio, etc). View a sample here.
- Games must include instructions on how to play the game within the game itself (ie. instructions button on title screen).
- The game programming must be the original work of the student(s) submitting the entry.
- Non-original works will be disqualified and school will be in jeopardy of having all other student games removed.
- Games must not include copyrighted characters.
- There are no restrictions or rules regarding the type of game, number of levels, complexity, etc.
- Only one game submission per student.
- No limit to the number of submissions from a single school.
- Student may work as individuals or as part of a team (no more than five per team).
- Games with both desktop (keyboard/mouse) and mobile controls (touch) are more accessible to public voters.
- Consistent graphic style (ex. all hand drawn; all vector style) make for a cohesive gaming experience.
- Be bold with your game genre - we receive lots of platform games, so consider how you can make your game unique!
- Incorporate multimedia! Used together, sound effects, music, and animations can have a great impact on players.
Tips & Tricks
SPRING 2020 PRIZES
$250 Amazon Gift Card and School's choice of FREE curriculum
$100 Amazon Gift Card
$50 Amazon Gift Card
Submitting your game is simple! To submit, complete the following:
- Create an account. Pssst, just look left.
- Upload your game for us to review (.capx or .c3p format)
- Top 12 entries will be announced May 20, 2020.
- Share and vote your game up.
- Winners will be announced June 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM CST.
All submissions are due by May 13th, 2020 at 5:00 pm Central Time. Late submissions will NOT be considered.