GOT GAME Competition
DO YOU GOT GAME? ENTER THE COMPETITION!
Do you want to share your games with others and have a chance to win prizes? If so, submit your game to the Fall 2019 GOT GAME? competition.
With the competition, all participants will receive these benefits:
- Both individuals and teams can collaborate to create an amazing game
- Games may be showcased to our entire audience of 2.2 million students
- A public site to showcase your game development talents
- Have the chance to win prizes for you AND your school
Click here to view the GOT GAME? Hall of Fame.
TOP 12 GAMES
Congratulations to our TOP 12 finalists for the Fall 2019 GOT GAME Competition! Thank you to all who submitted - our judges were incredibly impressed! The TOP 12 finalists have been announced and are as follows (In alphabetical order):
- Defenders of Terra
- Dungeon Divers
- Flippy Puck
- Friendly Fenders
- Grapple Gallows
- Mission Planet
- Steve The Hero
- The Adventures of Cassette-Chan!
- The Other
- Traffic Rush
Contest is open to students (Grades 5-12) enrolled a GAME:IT series course.
All Games Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Games must be created using Construct 3 by Scirra.
- Games must include a link to a Google Doc with credits to any Creative Commons assets (graphics, audio, etc). View a sample here.
- Games must include instructions on how to play the game within the game itself (ie. instructions button on title screen).
- The game programming must be the original work of the student(s) submitting the entry.
- Non-original works will be disqualified and school will be in jeopardy of having all other student games removed.
- Games must not include copyrighted characters.
- There are no restrictions or rules regarding the type of game, number of levels, complexity, etc.
- Only one game submission per student.
- No limit to the number of submissions from a single school.
- Student may work as individuals or as part of a team (no more than five per team).
- Games with both desktop (keyboard/mouse) and mobile controls (touch) are more accessible to public voters.
- Consistent graphic style (ex. all hand drawn; all vector style) make for a cohesive gaming experience.
- Be bold with your game genre - we receive lots of platform games, so consider how you can make your game unique!
- Incorporate multimedia! Used together, sound effects, music, and animations can have a great impact on players.
Tips & Tricks
FALL 2019 PRIZES
$250 Amazon Gift Card and School's choice of FREE curriculum
$100 Amazon Gift Card
$50 Amazon Gift Card
$100 Amazon Gift Card
Submitting your game is simple! To submit, complete the following:
- Create an account. Pssst, just look left.
- Upload your game for us to review (.capx or .c3p format)
- Top 10 entries will be announced January 22, 2020.
- Share and vote your game up.
- Winners will be announced February 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM CST.
create an account
Before we get ahead of ourselves you need to create an account first. If this isn't your first rodeo and you already have an account you can simply login by clicking here.
All submissions are due by January 15th, 2020 at 5:00 pm Central Time. Late submissions will NOT be considered.