GOT GAME Competition
DO YOU GOT GAME? ENTER THE COMPETITION!
Do you want to share your games with others and have a chance to win prizes? If so, submit your game to the Fall 2019 GOT GAME? competition.
With the competition, all participants will receive these benefits:
- Both individuals and teams can collaborate to create an amazing game
- Games may be showcased to our entire audience of 2.2 million students
- A public site to showcase your game development talents
- Have the chance to win prizes for you AND your school
Click here to view the GOT GAME? Hall of Fame.
Contest is open to students (Grades 5-12) enrolled a GAME:IT series course.
All Games Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Games must be created using Construct 3 by Scirra.
- Games must include a link to a Google Doc with credits to any Creative Commons assets (graphics, audio, etc). View a sample here.
- Games must include instructions on how to play the game within the game itself (ie. instructions button on title screen).
- The game programming must be the original work of the student(s) submitting the entry.
- Non-original works will be disqualified and school will be in jeopardy of having all other student games removed.
- Games must not include copyrighted characters.
- There are no restrictions or rules regarding the type of game, number of levels, complexity, etc.
- Only one game submission per student.
- No limit to the number of submissions from a single school.
- Student may work as individuals or as part of a team (no more than five per team).
- Games with both desktop (keyboard/mouse) and mobile controls (touch) are more accessible to public voters.
- Consistent graphic style (ex. all hand drawn; all vector style) make for a cohesive gaming experience.
- Be bold with your game genre - we receive lots of platform games, so consider how you can make your game unique!
- Incorporate multimedia! Used together, sound effects, music, and animations can have a great impact on players.
Tips & Tricks
$500 Amazon Gift Card and School's choice of FREE curriculum
$250 Amazon Gift Card
$100 Amazon Gift Card
$100 Amazon Gift Card
Submitting your game is simple! To submit, complete the following:
- Create an account. Pssst, just look left.
- Upload your game for us to review (.capx or .c3p format)
- Top 10 entries will be announced January 15, 2020.
- Share and vote your game up.
- Winners will be announced January 31, 2020 at 12:00 PM CST.
All submissions are due by January 15th, 2020 at 5:00 pm Central Time. Late submissions will NOT be considered.